This Sunday we kick off our new series, Jesus on Prayer, and we have one big, audacious goal for the series: We want to pray more in the next 3 months (individually and collectively) than we ever have in our entire lives.
Therefore, we’ve done two things to help you pursue this goal:
1. We’ve created a companion prayer guide book that will lead you into personal times of prayer, provide space for notes during Sunday sermons, and launch you into prayer as a group. These books are available for $5, so be sure to bring cash or check this Sunday. (Note: almost all Community Groups will be using this as their primary resource this fall). You can also download it here.
2. We’ve aligned our Community Groups with the sermon series to create a tangible environment to apply what you learn. The following community groups still have room if you’d like to join one (click here to sign up):
– Monday, 6:30pm – Brian & Angie Ring (Hunt Hwy & Johnson Ranch)
– Tuesday, 6:30pm – David & Ashley Cady (Recker & Ray)
– Wednesday, 7:00pm – Robert & Cheri Horn (Higley & Pecos)
– Thursday, 7:00pm – Doug & Linda Saul (Higley & Queen Creek)
Here are some other things you can do to get ready for this series:
- Invite a friend to join you. This would be a great series for anybody wanting to know more about how to grow in a relationship with God.
- Join a Community Group and get involved with people who will encourage you along the way.
- Read the Pastor’s blog posts on prayer.
- Buy Paul Miller’s outstanding book, A Praying Life: Connecting With God in a Distracting World.
- Read the Scripture passages that we’ll be studying during this series.
Hope to see you soon!