I’m so excited about the ministry and community groups that will be happening at Second Mile this summer. We’ve got a wonderful group of leaders and I know it will be a blessing. Sign-ups for these groups and ministry teams are now open!
Here’s a breakdown of the various summer groups (download the full catalog here):
- The Schoenhardts’ group will explore the hope found in Jesus. Their group has endured a variety of trials and this will be a great look at hope from some seasoned endurers.
- The Wrights will explore God’s heart for world missions and how each person can be involved in reaching the nations in this study of Pathways to Global Understanding.
- Tabatha Patella will lead a women’s group and study Elyse Fitzpatrick’s book, Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety: Becoming a Woman of Faith and Confidence.
- The Lau’s and the Bublitz’s will lead groups that focus on building community and applying the Sunday sermons.
- The McWilliams’ will lead a group about parenting teens and adolescents.
- The Horns will lead a group through studying and applying 1 Peter.
- The Lewis’ will study Francis Chan’s in-your-face book, Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God.
- I will be leading a group on leading small groups that will train people to lead a church community group or start a workplace or neighborhood Bible study.
- A number of leaders will be driving home the centrality of the gospel through some wonderful books (I love that so many leaders want to dive deeper into the gospel!):
- Wilcoxsons – The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of Christian Faith by Tim Keller
- Rings – The Cross-Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing by C.J. Mahaney
- Formicas – Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters by Tim Keller
- Frahms – The Gospel-Centered Life by World Harvest Mission
In addition to all this, we’ve got some incredible Ministry Teams where we can build friendships while serving together. I hope you’ll join us!