Justin Taylor recently posted some excellent things to pray for our church. Pray that God would move in such a way that would result in:
- hundreds of people coming to Christ,
- old animosities being removed,
- marriages being reconciled and renewed,
- wayward children coming home,
- long-standing slavery to sin being conquered,
- spiritual dullness being replaced by vibrant joy,
- weak faith being replaced by bold witness,
- disinterest in prayer being replaced by fervent intercession,
- boring Bible reading being replaced by passion for the Word,
- disinterest in global missions being replaced by energy for Christ’s name among the nations, and
- lukewarm worship being replaced by zeal for the greatness of God’s glory.
Then in a follow-up post, he shared a comment from John Bryson:
If Jesus answered all your prayers from the last 30 days, would anything change in THE World or just YOUR world?
That puts some things in perspective doesn’t it?