Today’s Spiritual Growth Principle: Grow in your understanding of the gospel.
We believe that the gospel is not just the A-B-C’s of the Christian life, but the A-to-Z of the Christian life. The gospel is the good news that God has sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to 1) rescue us from judgment for sin, 2) give us a new life of friendship with him, and 3) ultimately restore creation so that we can enjoy him forever. You should constantly dwell on this amazing truth that God loved you at your very worst and saved you by sheer grace.
Some resources that will help you grow in the gospel:
- “The Gospel: A User’s Guide” (article) by Tim Keller
- The Cross-Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing, (book) by C.J. Mahaney
- The Prodigal God (book) by Tim Keller
- The Gospel for Real Life (book) by Jerry Bridges
- “Gospel-Centeredness” (sermon) by Luke Simmons
What else has helped you grow in your understanding of the gospel?