Archive for December 31st, 2009
Though I do not intend to make any New Year’s Resolutions this year, I do think that the end of a year and beginning of a new one is an ideal time to take inventory of our lives and make any course corrections that are necessary. So, here are some helpful resources for approaching the new year of 2010.
- Michael Hyatt has a great post on Seven Questions to Ask About Last Year (btw, this is a great blog with lots of helpful insights).
- Biblical Counselor David Powlison addresses the topic of New Year’s Resolutions.
- Donald Whitney has 10 Questions to Ask in the New Year.
- Justin Taylor has a helpful post on Resolutions and Regret.
- Igniter Media has a creative video related to the New Year.
- Sam Storms Top 10 Books of 2009.
- Tim Challies Top 9 Books of 2009.
- Here’s an assortment of Bible Reading Plans:
- YouVersion has 20+ plans available, all of which are accessible by iPhone or mobile phone and have lots of customizable options
- Crossway has about 10 plans available.
- Ransom Fellowship’s “Bible Reading Plan for Shirkers and Slackers” (here’s an explanation)
- Discipleship Journal has the following reading plans:
- The ESV Study Bible Plan
- The M’Cheyne One-Year Reading Plan
- The Journey Engage Plan (with accompanying online media)
What resources have you come across that have helped you prepare for 2010?