Archive for June 9th, 2009
Wow. It’s been almost a full month since I last posted. I promise to get back in the groove. For now, I thought I’d just post 10 thoughts and lots of links…
- I’m really enjoying the study and teaching for our current series on Jonah. It’s challenged me personally and I think it’s something our church needs to hear, especially the next few weeks.
- Our Community Groups are off to a great start. We have 178 people signed up(!) not including the 15-20 students who are part of the new student ministry.
- After Jonah we’re going to study the church’s core values, digging into a new passage each week.
- I’m so excited about our new Associate Pastor, Matthew Braselton. He’s going to bring so much to our church and it’s great to have another partner in ministry. We’ve been enjoying this book together.
- I love these blogs: Straight Up, Kacey Luvi Photography (you can see some of her pictures of our family here and here), Drew Litton, Mike the Middle Child, and Between Two Worlds.
- I find the podcasts from the Stanford Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders to be interesting, enjoyable, and stretching as a leader.
- Twitter is much more fun and useful than I originally anticipated. John Piper’s twitter feed is a great example of why.
- I was very sad to hear this week of another Christian Pastor who disqualified himself through sexual sin. It serves as a great warning for me and anyone else in leadership. “Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.” (1 Cor 10:12)
- These sports articles from The Onion were very funny: Detroit, Pittsburgh Both Attempting To Lose Stanley Cup, Avoid Expensive Victory Parade, Rafael Nadal Thinks He Disappointed Millions By Losing French Open.
- As an auditory learner, I’m so thankful for so many wonderful audio resources that are free online. Here are a few that I’m listening to: Alistair Begg (all his sermons were recently put on for free by Truth for Life), Andy Stanley’s Leadership Podcast, the recent Advance09 Conference, and A Conversation Between John MacArthur and John Piper.