Well, it’s an amazing and exciting thing to think that tomorrow marks the Grand Opening of Second Mile Church. Because of the ministry that’s been happening it doesn’t really feel like tomorrow is the start of this new body, but it still feels like a big deal to us.
We’re hoping for a big day and the chance to meet a bunch of wonderful people. God is on the move and we’re just thrilled to be part of it. If you think about it, pray for us tomorrow and pray for the gospel of Jesus Christ to go out in strength, power, and clarity. Here’s a list of what I’ve been praying for (from a previous post), and I hope you’ll join me:
- That Second Mile would be a faithful group of people who love Jesus Christ more than anything.
- That Second Mile would be a catalyst for dozens of other new churches that would saturate the Williams Gateway/Queen Creek communities.
- That thousands of people would come to personally know Jesus through our ministry.
- That Second Mile would experience miracles and answers to prayer that can only be explained by the power of God.
- That Second Mile would cling to the gospel of grace not just for salvation but for daily renewal.
- That Second Mile would be an agent of restoration, particularly in broken marriages and families.
- That Second Mile’s leadership would make right decisions even when they are costly or unpopular.
- That Second Mile would be such a valuable part of the community that people who disagree with us would still be thankful that we’re here.
- That Second Mile would be the most generous, most sacrificial, most joyful, and most service-oriented people in the community.
- That Second Mile’s treasure would always be Jesus himself and that we wouldn’t settle for just doing church.