I am constantly overjoyed at how faithfully God has answered the prayers of his people on behalf of our family and Second Mile Church. There’s a team of over 175 people who I send updates to every few weeks and who have committed to pray for us (let me know if you’d like to be added). My updates usually deal with things for our family and some impending church needs, but it’s made me reflect on some big, long-term prayers for Second Mile.
- That Second Mile would be a faithful group of people who love Jesus Christ more than anything.
- That Second Mile would be a catalyst for dozens of other new churches that would saturate the Williams Gateway/Queen Creek communities.
- That thousands of people would come to personally know Jesus through our ministry.
- That Second Mile would experience miracles and answers to prayer that can only be explained by the power of God.
- That Second Mile would cling to the gospel of grace not just for salvation but for daily renewal.
- That Second Mile would be an agent of restoration, particularly in broken marriages and families.
- That Second Mile’s leadership would make right decisions even when they are costly or unpopular.
- That Second Mile would be such a valuable part of the community that people who disagree with us would still be thankful that we’re here.
- That Second Mile would be the most generous, most sacrificial, most joyful, and most service-oriented people in the community.
- That Second Mile’s treasure would always be Jesus himself and that we wouldn’t settle for just doing church.
These are big prayers that are worth devoting my life to. Fortunately, we serve a big God who alone can answer each of them above and beyond what we ask or think.